With a refreshing approach to litigation, Reza Mirroknian is a consummate professional, gentleman, and tireless advocate for his clients. In September 2004 and again in September 2008, Mr. Mirroknian was instrumental in obtaining $37,500,000 and $15,000,000 verdicts against the City of Fontana and a teenage driver for the wrongful death of Karen Medina. In 2004, Mr. Mirroknian was nominated for Trial Attorney of the Year by the Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC), a state wide organization of attorneys representing individuals and consumers.
In 2009, when representing a young worker who had suffered blindness and brain injury, Mr. Mirroknian obtained a $33,288,678.10 judgment against a wheel manufacturing company. The case presented difficult legal obstacles which involved the interplay between workers’ compensation and civil laws.
In 2010, Mr. Mirroknian secured a $7,500,000.00 settlement in an insurance bad faith action when the carrier refused to accept a $1,000,000.00 policy limit demand in the underlying case.
Mr. Mirroknian places his primary emphasis in representing clients in matters ranging from catastrophic injury and wrongful death to harassment/discrimination/retaliation and wrongful termination.
Mr. Mirroknian attended Southwestern University, School of Law. There, he served on the Southwestern University Law Review between 1995 and 1997, first as a staff member and then as an associate editor. Mr. Mirroknian participated in the school’s Interscholastic Trial Advocacy Program which involved mock trial competitions against other law schools from across the country. Serving on the Board of Governors of the Interscholastic Trial Advocacy Program, Mr. Mirroknian and his colleagues hosted the National Trial Competition during the 1996/1997 academic year. Among his recognitions, Mr. Mirroknian achieved Dean’s List status and graduated among the top 20% of his class.
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- California State University, Northridge
- B.A. - 1994
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys Association of California
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles
- Los Angeles County Bar Association